Monday, July 09, 2007

Progress. . .

It has been a week since the Proclamation! and it has been promising. Yesterday, I got some receipes together and went to the Good Place (Whole Foods) for groceries. I handed over a significant portion of the monies gleaned from selling my mother's Belleek on eBay (thanks to Ally for offloading the FUGLEE placque and other not so fuglee items). However, I came back with beautiful, colored, plump, ripe vegetables for which to make my healthy foods. I know it's cheaper at the Bad Place (Giant near my house) but SHUDDER. The vegetables there are shrivelled, sometimes black and shrivelled and not delicious nor conducive for making healthy foods unless mold is healthy and/or delicious. It is neither; though it is furry.

Anyway, I cooked delicious foods for the week and despite a bad flaxseed oil explosion, it went well. I am reading a lot about healthy foods and how evil agribusiness is and other such humorless, scary things. I won't share for the one or two people who are reading - it will make you sad and spit out any meat you may be eating, thus creating a messy work environment. I like to live in the deluded land where I think that my government cares more for people than profit but I am wrong. So, so wrong and deluded. Anyway, I am also reading about the healthy fats and good, positive things. And finding new recipes.

Portion sizes are crucial for me - but it's always hard the first week looking at the sad little drop of food in comparison to the trough-load I was eating before. And I get very hungry at first because I am actually trying to eat reasonable portions. Which are reasonable to a Hobbit or other such tiny creatures, like Gizmo. I think it was Gizmo who decided on these portion sizes. FUCK HIM.

I also moved some and maybe burned a calorie or three. That was big excitement. I am going to move more this week, though I drove to work this morning (BAD, BAD!!!) because I had a huge bag of lunches for the week that were SO HEAVY and I am still weak. Yes, I know I will never get strong if I don't do these things, but for the LOVE OF GOD - it was like 400 degrees and the bad was heavy. I don't like getting to work all drippy so that my shirt sticks to me and I am not only fat but fat AND sweaty. It's not a GOOD LOOK, okay. Stop berating me.

1 comment:

Brian White said...

I think it was Gizmo who decided on these portion sizes. FUCK HIM.

Ah, so you're on the side of Spike and the Gremlins. This explains a lot. :)